Meal Prep Monday: Spicy Chicken or Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Today we want to bring you a healthy twist to Shrimp/Chicken Tacos prepared by a2020 Reservation. Very macro friendly:
Shrimp or Chicken boston lettuce wraps - topped with bell pepper, green onions, red chilies, greek yogurt
- 6 large shrimp - 45 calories / .73 g fat / .38 g carbs / 8.53 g protein
- 2 large lettuce cups - 4 calories / .04 g fat / .89 g carbs / .27 g protein
- 1 oz sliced bell pepper - 6 calories / .07 g fat / 1.39 g carbs / .23 g protein
- 2 teaspoons greek yogurt - 6 calories / 0 g fat / .5 g carbs / 1.5 g protein
6 large shrimp (raw deveined) or
small chicken breast
1 bell pepper
8 cherry tomatoes
1 green onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
2 Tsp Greek yogurt
2 Bibb lettuce leafs
1/5 cup diced Red onion
1 tablespoons Coconut oil
Yield: 1 serving
Preparing Pico de Gallo:
1. Slice in half 8 cherry tomatoes and place in small bowl. Dice red onion to equal 2
tablespoons and place in bowl with tomatoes.
2. Using 1⁄2 an avocado, slice and dice also adding to bowl.
3. Chop 2 tablespoons of cilantro and place in bowl. Using half a lime, squeeze the juice
over ingredients in bowl and mix lightly. (Set aside in refrigerator to chill)
Toppings for Garnish:
1. Slice 1/3 cup bell pepper very thin, approximately 1⁄4 of an inch thick.
2. Slice green onions on a diagonal 1⁄4 inch thin. Nice long slices. (Set aside)
Protein options: (All protein options must be cleaned prior to cooking)
1. Dice a small chicken breast into cubes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in small skillet over medium heat.
3. Once heated, place chicken in skillet and season with pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano,
dried parsley, and red pepper flakes (optional). Cook until meat is slightly browned.
Spicy Chicken & Shrimp Lettuce Cups
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in small skillet over medium heat.
2. Once heated, place cleaned and deveined shrimp in skillet and season with pepper, dried
thyme, dried oregano, dried parsley, and red pepper flakes (optional). Cook until shrimp
are bright pink.
1. Take 2 big bib lettuce leaves, top with cooked protein.
2. Top protein with a teaspoon of the Pico de Gallo.
3. Dollop 1 teaspoon of Greek yogurt on each lettuce wrap.
4. Top with sliced bell pepper and green onions.
5. Take the half of squeezed lime and zest over each lettuce wrap.